- 200 gm crustless, day-old sourdough bread, coarsely chopped
- 400 gm blanched almonds (2½ cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 50 ml sherry vinegar, or to taste
- To serve: small green seedless grapes, thinly sliced
- To serve: almond oil (see note)
- 1Process bread, almonds, garlic, olive oil and 1 litre of water in a blender until smooth. Season to taste with sherry vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground white pepper. Transfer to a jug. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled (2-3 hours). Makes 1.5 litres.
- 2Stir soup, then ladle among bowls, scatter with grape slices, drizzle with almond oil and serve immediately.
WHERE TO TRY ITMovida When the weather turns hot, MoVida’s take on this hits the spot. While you’re at it, check out their new sherry bar, MoVida Next Door. 1 Hosier La, Melbourne, Vic, (03) 9663 3038. Almond oil is available from the health food section in supermarkets and health food stores.