- 100 gm anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 sheet (375gm) butter puff pastry
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- To serve: basil and goat’s curd
- 1Preheat oven to 230C. Pound anchovy fillets with a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste and set aside.
- 2Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to 36cm square. Spread with anchovy paste, then cut in half. Cover and refrigerate one piece and cut the other half into six 15cm x 6cm rectangles. Roll up each rectangle lengthways to form a cylinder, brush edges with water and seal. Cut in half and place cut-side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper, pressing lightly to flatten. Cover and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining pastry, then bake both batches until puffs are puffed and starting to turn golden (5-10 minutes), then reduce heat to 170C and bake until golden and crisp (5-10 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly, then serve with basil leaves and goat’s curd.
Drink Suggestion: Blanc de blanc Champagne. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am