- 5-6 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 100 gm wild baby rocket, tough stalks removed
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- To taste: caster sugar (optional, see note)
- 125 gm Grana Padano, freshly grated
- 1Using a mandolin, thinly slice asparagus lengthways and place in a large bowl, add rocket, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- 2Just before serving, drizzle with oil and season to taste with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a little caster sugar. Scatter with grated Grana and toss gently to combine.
Note If the asparagus are not sweet enough, season with caster sugar to taste.