- 5-6 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- 100 gm wild baby rocket, tough stalks removed
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- To taste: caster sugar (optional, see note)
- 125 gm Grana Padano, freshly grated
- 1Using a mandolin, thinly slice asparagus lengthways and place in a large bowl, add rocket, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- 2Just before serving, drizzle with oil and season to taste with sea salt, freshly ground pepper and a little caster sugar. Scatter with grated Grana and toss gently to combine.
Note If the asparagus are not sweet enough, season with caster sugar to taste.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am