- 24 asparagus spears (about 3 bunches)
- 100 gm butter, diced
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp salted baby capers, rinsed and drained well
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 1Cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (2-3 minutes). Drain, then transfer to a plate.
- 2Cook butter in a frying pan over high heat until starting to turn nut-brown (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat, add shallots and capers, then lemon juice and spoon over asparagus. Serve scattered with parmesan to taste.
Drink Suggestion: Blanc de blancs Champagne. Drink suggestion by Max Allen