- 1 cup green flageolet beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced leek
- 2 thinly sliced cloves of garlic
- 2 thinly sliced small red chillies (seeds removed)
- 2 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup farfalline or other soup pasta
- 50 g broccoli, broccoflower and broccolini
- 25 gm small leaves of gai lan and broccoli rabe
- To serve: lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil
- To serve: shaved hard goat’s cheese or pecorino
- To serve: toasted bread spread with roasted garlic
- 1Soak beans in water overnight, then drain. Heat olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add leek, garlic, and red chillies and sauté for 10 minutes or until soft. Season to taste. Add beans with chicken or vegetable stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender. Add farfalline, cook for 5 minutes, then add broccoli, broccoflower and broccolini, gai lan and broccoli rabe, and cook for 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente and broccoli is tender. Season to taste. Ladle into bowls, drizzle with lemon-infused extra-virgin olive oil, scatter with goat’s cheese or pecorino and serve with toasted bread spread with roasted garlic.
Apples, cumquats, custard apples, grapefruits (yellow and ruby), lemons, limes, mandarins, nashi, oranges (blood and navel), pawpaw, pineapple, pomelos, rhubarb, tangelos.
Asian greens, avocados (fuerte, hass, sharwill), beetroot, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celeriac, celery, fennel, garlic, ginger, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi, leek, okra, olives, onions, parsnips, potatoes, pumpkin, shallots, silverbeet, spinach, swede, sweet potatoes, turnips, witlof.
Australian salmon, black bream, blacktip shark, greenlip abalone, grey mackerel, ling, mirror dory, Murray cod, orange roughy, school prawns, school whiting, snapper, spanner crabs, tiger flathead, warehou, yellowfin whiting.
ALSO IN SEASON