"When made correctly, a Negroni has the perfect balance of alcohol strength, bitterness, sweetness and citrus," says Anna Romanova of Melbourne Gin Company. "This version consists of local ingredients that are a great way to celebrate Australian craftsmanship and native flavour. You can regulate the sweetness and intensity of the herbal flavours by adjusting the amount of Red Okar. We also like it with 30ml MGC, 30ml Maidenii Classic and 10ml Red Okar, which brings down the sweetness and lets the gin shine through."
- 30 ml Melbourne Gin Company Melbourne Dry Gin
- 30 ml Maidenii Classic Vermouth
- 30 ml Applewood Distillery Red Okar
- Orange twist, to garnish
- 1Stir ingredients in a cocktail glass, strain into a glass over a large ice cube and serve with an orange twist.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm