Avocado ice-cream? Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Avocado is technically a fruit after all, and here it's combined with coconut cream and a hint of lime for a beautifully refreshing ice-cream.
- 220 gm rice malt syrup
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 60 gm hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm coconut flakes
- 30 gm rice malt syrup
- 20 gm cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1Stir rice malt syrup and coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat until combined, then remove from heat and cool. Process in a blender with avocado and lime juice until smooth, then churn in an ice-cream machine. Cover and freeze until required.
- 2For coconut-cacao crunch, preheat oven to 180°C. Stir ingredients and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl to combine, spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake, stirring occasionally, until toasted and golden brown (10-12 minutes). Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- 3Serve avocado ice-cream scattered with coconut-cacao crunch.