- 100 gm pine nuts
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 60 ml vincotto (¼ cup)
- 300 gm baby curly endive, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 240 gm drained semi-dried cherry tomatoes (see note)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Roast pine nuts on an oven tray, shaking occasionally, until lightly browned (6-8 minutes), then set aside to cool.
- 2Combine olive oil and vincotto in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Combine endive, tomato and pine nuts in a bowl, drizzle with dressing, toss to combine and serve.
Semi-dried cherry tomatoes are available in jars at select grocers and Simon Johnson. To make your own, halve 500gm ripe cherry tomatoes, combine with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Stand tomatoes in sun on a hot sunny day until reduced by half (35C for 8 hours). Alternatively, you can dry them in a dehydrator or a cool oven (70C) for 4 hours or until semi-dried.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of