This tart would work equally well topped with grilled asparagus at this time of year.
- 1 bunch baby leeks, trimmed, rinsed in cold water to remove dirt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 filo pastry sheets
- 100 gm butter, melted
- 600 gm sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated on a microplane
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- To serve: green leaf salad
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat, drizzle leeks with olive oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until golden and tender (1-2 minutes), then set aside.
- 2Lay one filo sheet in a 20cm x 28cm loose-based tart tin, allowing excess to overhang (cover remaining filo with a damp tea towel). Brush with butter, then top with another filo sheet. Repeat with remaining butter and filo, finishing with a filo sheet.
- 3Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and pour into pastry-lined tin. Scatter leeks over and bake until golden and cooked through (15-20 minutes; cover edges loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Set aside to set slightly (5 minutes) and serve warm with green leaf salad.