A mix of baby potatoes adds variety here, but using all chats, for instance, works just as well - the beauty of this side is in the flavour from the pancetta and herbs, and the way the potatoes caramelise in the butter. A generous sprinkling of pecorino makes the perfect finish.
- 80 gm mild pancetta, cut into lardons
- 800 gm mixed baby potatoes such as purple congo, pink fir apple and baby Nicola, larger ones halved
- ¼ cup mixed finely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 60 gm cultured butter, diced
- Finely grated pecorino pepato, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 190C. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add pancetta and fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and starting to crisp (2-4 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, and add
potatoes, fresh and dried herbs, butter and a good grind of black pepper.
- 2Place 2 large pieces of baking paper (about 40cm long) on a work surface and top each with another large piece offset at an angle. Divide potatoes between the paper, wrap and roast until tender and starting to caramelise (1 hour). Sprinkle with plenty of pecorino and serve hot.