This traditional hot anchovy dip is sublime served with cold, crisp vegetables and crusty bread on the side. You can serve it with all kinds of vegetables, raw or steamed.
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 100 gm butter, coarsely chopped, at room temperature
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 witlof, leaves separated
- 2 fennel, thinly sliced lengthways, fronds reserved for serving
- 1Process oil, butter, anchovies and garlic in a blender until smooth, then transfer to a saucepan and stir occasionally over low heat until garlic is soft and mixture splits (8-10 minutes). Season to taste and serve warm with witlof, fennel, fennel fronds, olives and bread on the side.