- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 6 bananas
- For dusting: plain flour
- To serve: golden syrup and double cream
- 150 gm plain flour (1 cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1For batter, sift together flour and baking powder into a large bowl, whisk in 320ml chilled water to form a smooth batter, then stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Peel and halve bananas lengthways, dust in flour, dip in batter, deep-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, then transfer with a slotted spoon to an absorbent paper-lined plate. Serve immediately drizzled with golden syrup and cream on the side.
Note Recipe shown with crisp pancetta and green onion scrambled egg rolls.