Alexx Swainston, cocktail consultant and ‘advocate of the sublime’ contributed this summery number. She made her name at Sydney’s Lotus and has most recently been spotted consulting on cocktails at Surry Hills hot spot The Beresford.
- 150 ml Mount Gay Rum
- 45 ml lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 600 ml sparkling apple juice, chilled
- 15 mint leaves, torn
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 8 slices
- 1 lime, cut into 8 slices
- To serve: mint sprigs
- 1Combine all ingredients in a 1 litre-capacity jug and fill with ice cubes to chill. (If you’re planning to refrigerate the jug ahead of serving, add the sparkling apple juice and ice at the last minute.) To serve, pour into tumblers and garnish with mint sprigs.
Drink Suggestion: Alexx Swainston
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am