The spring onions, the coriander, the lime, the chipotle salt. All add interest here, but the butter brings it all together – don't hold back.
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silk removed, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 gm butter, diced and softened
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, green parts thinly sliced, white parts reserved for another use
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (see note)
- 1Preheat barbecue to high. Place corn in a roasting pan, toss with oil to coat, then place pan in barbecue and roast corn, covered and turning occasionally, until tender and starting to char (10-14 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for chipotle salt, stir ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- 3Transfer hot corn to a serving bowl, add butter, coriander and spring onion and toss until butter melts and coats corn. Season with chipotle salt to taste and serve with lime.
Chipotle powder is available from herbies.com.au and select delicatessens.