- 4 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthways
- Juice of 3 limes, or to taste
- To serve: feta, coarsely crumbled
- To serve: thinly sliced pickled green chilli and coriander sprigs
- 1Preheat a barbecue to high. Drizzle corn with a little oil and barbecue, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly blackened (10-15 minutes). Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and chilli, and sauté until just tender (3-4 minutes). Add paprika, stir until fragrant (30 seconds), add stock and chicken, season to taste, bring to the simmer and cook until chicken is just cooked through (5-6 minutes). Remove chicken from soup, coarsely shred and return to soup.
- 3Cut kernels from corn, add to soup, season to taste and remove from heat. Add lime juice and serve hot, scattered with feta, pickled green chilli and coriander, with extra feta to the side.