- 3 garlic cloves
- 200 gm softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup (loosely packed) coarsely chopped chervil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 10 very large uncooked king prawns (about 80gm each), deveined and split
- To serve: wild rocket and lemon wedges
- 1Cook garlic in a small saucepan of simmering water over medium-high heat until just tender (4 minutes). Drain, refresh and crush with the flat of a knife. Transfer to a bowl with butter, chervil, lemon juice and mustard, stir to combine and season to taste. Spread three-quarters of butter mixture on prawn flesh and set aside. Melt remaining butter mixture in a small saucepan and keep warm.
- 2Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat, add prawns and char-grill, turning occasionally, until golden and cooked through (2-3 minutes).
- 3Scatter rocket onto plates, drizzle with melted butter mixture, top with prawns and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is from the April 2013 issue of .