Keep an eye out for smaller-sized tortillas - they're perfect for snacks. You can start this recipe a day ahead to marinate the turkey.
- 1½ tbsp each cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup (loosely packed) oregano, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 turkey breast (about 1kg), skin on
- 3 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 20 white corn tortillas
- 2 dried chipotle chillies (see note)
- 60 gm sea salt flakes (½ cup)
- 3 corn cobs
- 1 jicama, thinly sliced into matchsticks (see note)
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander
- 1 cup (loosely packed) purslane (see note)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1Dry-roast cumin and coriander seeds until fragrant (30 seconds). Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind coarsely. Add garlic, coriander, oregano and lime rind and pound to a paste. Add half the juice and the oil and season to taste. Place turkey in a non-reactive container, pour marinade over and massage into meat, then cover and refrigerate for flavours to develop (4 hours or overnight). Preheat oven to 180C. Heat a large char-grill or barbecue to medium heat, add turkey skin-side down and cook, turning once, until golden (3-4 minutes each side). Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and roast until cooked through (16-20 minutes). Cover with foil and set aside to rest (10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for smoked chilli salt, coarsely grind ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- 3For corn and jicama salad, peel back corn husks, discard silk then pull husks back over and soak cobs in cold water for 15 minutes. Heat a grill pan or barbecue to medium heat and cook corn, turning occasionally, until golden and charred (10-12 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly, then use a small sharp knife to remove kernels and combine in a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Season to taste and toss to combine.
- 4Combine avocado and remaining lime juice in bowl, crush coarsely with a fork, season to taste, cover and set aside until required.
- 5Grill tortillas, turning once, until golden (30 seconds), place on a plate then wrap in a tea towel. Serve with thinly sliced turkey, smoked chilli salt, and corn and jicama salad, with lime wedges for squeezing, and scattered with avocado and extra oregano, if desired.
Note Chipotle chillies are available from select grocers and Herbie's Spices online. Jicama, or yam bean, is available from select grocers. If unavailable you can use kohlrabi instead. Purslane is available from select grocers; baby spinach and sunflower sprouts are good substitutes.