- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve (¼ cup)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 280 gm green beans, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 baby fennel, bulb thinly sliced using a mandolin, fronds chopped and reserved
- 750 ml chicken stock (3 cups)
- 4 slices ciabatta
- 250 gm ricotta (1¼ cups)
- 1Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan, add onion and garlic and sauté over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until caramelised. Add beans and fennel bulbs and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until just tender. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Preheat chargrill on high heat. Rub both sides of the ciabatta with olive oil and grill for 2
minutes on each side or until toasted. Spread toasts thickly with ricotta and season to taste.
- 3Ladle soup among bowls and place a ricotta toast into each, immersing slightly. Scatter with fennel fronds, drizzle generously with olive oil and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Young semillon. Drink suggestion by Max Allen