- 300 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 300 gm yellow (wax) beans, trimmed
- 600 gm waxy potatoes, such as pink eye
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- 75 gm basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 50 gm pine nuts (1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add green beans and cook for 5-6 minutes or until just tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a colander and refresh under cold running water. Repeat with yellow beans.
- 2Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with cold, salted water and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool slightly, peel and quarter.
- 3For pesto, combine basil leaves, garlic and a pinch of sea salt in a mortar and, using a pestle, coarsely crush, add pine nuts and parmesan and pound to a smooth paste, stir through oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4In a large bowl, combine beans and potatoes, season to taste and serve drizzled with pesto and extra-virgin olive oil.
Drink Suggestion: Pinot grigio. Drink suggestion by Max Allen