- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350 gm piece beef fillet, trimmed
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped oregano and thyme
- 8 figs, halved
- 1 cup (loosely packed) wild rocket
- 1Combine mustard, anchovies and garlic in a bowl, season to taste and brush evenly over beef.
- 2Combine herbs in a bowl, then scatter on a tray and roll beef in herbs, pressing to cover evenly. Wrap beef in plastic wrap, rolling ends to form a tight even cylinder, and place in freezer to chill and firm (30 minutes). Thinly slice with a very sharp knife, remove plastic wrap, arrange on a platter and scatter with figs and rocket. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar to taste, season to taste, scatter with basil and serve.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Bold, deep-pink grenache rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen