- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (¼ cup)
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 600 gm Roma tomatoes, cut into 5cm pieces (about 7)
- 250 gm crabmeat
- 300 gm dried bigoli (see note)
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 6 minutes or until tender, add anchovy fillets and sauté until dissolved, add tomato and cook for 2 minutes, then stir through crab and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until
al dente, drain and return to pan. Add crab mixture, toss to combine and serve immediately, scattered with chives.
Note Bigoli is a long pasta, similar to spaghetti, made from whole wheat.