- 6 black figs, trimmed and tops peeled
- 2 buffalo mozzarella balls (about 120gm each), torn
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
Shallot and cabernet merlot dressing
- 3 golden shallots, finely diced
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp cabernet merlot vinegar (or other red wine vinegar)
- Pinch of caster sugar
- To serve: spelt sourdough or other bread
- 1Halve figs and arrange on a plate, then scatter torn mozzarella and basil leaves over. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2For shallot and cabernet merlot dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Drizzle dressing over figs and mozzarella, and serve with bread to the side.
Drink Suggestion: A gutsy grenache rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen