- 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly shaved on a mandolin then finely chopped, fronds reserved
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 quantity <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/blini.htm'>blini</a></b>
- To serve: salmon roe
- 200 gm smoked trout
Herbed crème fraîche
- 300 gm crème fraîche
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp each finely chopped chives, spring onion and dill
- 1For herbed crème fraîche, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 2Combine fennel, fronds, lemon juice, shallot and olive oil in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 3To serve, top blini with herbed crème fraîche, smoked trout and a little fennel salad, then top with salmon roe.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm