- 1 litre blood-orange juice
- 150 ml lime juice
- To serve: mint and crushed ice
- To serve: pink moscato (see note)
Ginger and mint syrup
- 440 gm caster sugar (2 cups)
- 80 gm ginger, finely grated (16cm piece)
- 2 cups mint (firmly packed)
- 1For ginger and mint syrup, stir sugar, ginger and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until reduced to a light syrup (8-10 minutes). Remove from heat, add half the mint, stand until cool then strain through a fine sieve (discard solids). Blanch remaining mint (30 seconds), refresh, drain and squeeze out excess water. Process syrup and blanched mint in a food processor until combined and refrigerate until required.
- 2To serve, combine juices and mint in a tall jug with plenty of ice, add ginger and mint syrup to taste, top up with moscato and serve with extra ginger and mint syrup.
Note If you prefer a non-alcoholic drink, you can top it up with tonic water or lemonade instead of moscato.