- 300 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 300 gm green beans, halved lengthways
- 1 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- 4 eggs
- 200 gm Greek or sheep’s milk yoghurt (¾ cup)
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan, add shallots and cumin seeds and sauté gently over low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until shallots are soft. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally for 12-15 minutes or until beans are just tender. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, remove from heat and stir through coriander.
- 2Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer, break eggs into water and poach for 4 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and tahini in a bowl and season to taste. Divide beans among plates, top with a dollop of yoghurt and an egg, scatter with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Dry lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm