Who can resist the milky, melt-in-the-mouth texture of buffalo mozzarella paired with sweet, juicy nectarines? Add a few thin slices of nutty jamón for a swish affair.
- 4 buffalo mozzarella (200gm each)
- 2 nectarines, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced widthways, fronds reserved for garnish
- 2 each of red and white witlof, leaves separated
Fennel and Champagne vinaigrette
- 160 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 ml Champagne vinegar (see note) (1/3 cup)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 1For fennel and Champagne vinaigrette, combine ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- 2Tear mozzarella into large pieces, place in a bowl with remaining ingredients, toss gently to combine and season to taste. Arrange on plates, drizzle over dressing, scatter with fennel fronds and serve.
Reims Champagne Vinegar is available from select delicatessens. Substitute with aged white wine vinegar.
Drink Suggestion: Prosecco. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Hotel AwardsAustralia's Hotel of the Year for 2018 is revealedYesterday 10:00pm