- 800 ml buttermilk
- 100 gm caster sugar
- ½ orange, removed with a peeler, Rind of
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 3½ gelatine leaves (titanium strength), softened in cold water
- passionfruit pulp, To serve
- 1Combine buttermilk, sugar, orange rind, vanilla bean and seeds in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the simmer. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add to buttermilk mixture and stir to dissolve. Strain into a jug, then divide among four 1 cup-capacity serving bowls or cups and refrigerate until firm (3-4 hours). Serve chilled topped with passionfruit pulp.