- 6 calamari, cleaned (see <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/cleaning_squid_and_calamari.htm'>cleaning squid and calamari</a></b>)
- 1 pomelo, segmented, segments broken
- ½ cup each (firmly packed) coriander and mint leaves, coarsely torn
- 3 golden shallots, very thinly sliced
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, cut into julienne
- 2 green birdseye chillies, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp light soft palm sugar
- 2½ tbsp lime juice, or to taste
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 1For chilli dressing, pound chilli, garlic and a pinch of salt with a mortar and pestle to a fine paste. Add remaining ingredients, check seasoning (it should be a balance of hot, salty, sour and sweet), then set aside.
- 2Blanch calamari in salted water (30 seconds-1 minute). Drain, then combine in a bowl with remaining ingredients and chilli dressing and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am