Begin this recipe a day ahead to soak the nuts for the nut milk.
- 1.2 kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 200 gm green or brown lentils (1 cup)
- 2 corn cobs, kernels sliced off
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dill
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tamari pepitas
- 100 gm pepitas (½ cup)
- 80 gm coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, soaked overnight in cold water, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp coconut vinegar
- 1 tbsp mild extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place pumpkin in a roasting pan, brush with oil and roast until golden and tender (20-25 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook lentils in a saucepan of salted boiling water until tender, adding corn in the last 5 minutes (about 20 minutes). Drain.
- 3For nut-milk dressing, process pepitas, nuts, garlic, vinegar, oil and 200ml water in a blender. Season to taste and stand to infuse for an hour, then squeeze the dressing through a piece of muslin into a bowl (optional).
- 4Combine pumpkin, lentils, corn, herbs, spring onion and pepitas in a bowl and season to taste. Transfer to serving bowls, drizzle with nut-milk dressing and serve.