Keep this butter mixture handy to spoon over almost any root vegetable as well as greens such as cabbage and kale or even green beans and zucchini in summer.
- 1.5 kg baby carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 200 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 10 gm chipotle chillies, finely chopped (see note)
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add carrots and cook until just tender (15-20 minutes). Drain and arrange on a platter.
- 2Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, ginger, chilli and spring onion and simmer to infuse flavours (1-2 minutes). Season to taste and spoon over carrots, then serve.
Note Chipotle chillies are available from fireworksfoods.com.au and select delicatessens.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am