Cauliflower makes a lovely addition to salads in summertime served at room temperature with lots of parsley and toasted breadcrumbs. Shown with <a href="/spiced_roast_duck_with_asparagus_and_watercress.htm">spiced roast duck</a>.
- 1 cauliflower (about 1.6kg), cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 gm (¾ cup) coarse breadcrumbs from crusty white bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Blanch cauliflower until just tender (3-4 minutes), drain well, transfer to a tray and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- 2For persillade, combine olive oil and breadcrumbs in a frying pan and stir occasionally over medium heat until golden (3-5 minutes), then add garlic and cook until just fragrant (20-30 seconds). Transfer to a serving bowl, add lemon rind, parsley, cauliflower, lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Season to taste and toss to combine just before serving.