- 750 gm cavolo nero, washed, drained, ribs removed and discarded
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 5-6 small sprigs of rosemary
- 2 tsp dried chilli (or to taste)
- 1Blanch the cavolo nero for 1-2 minutes in a large pot of boiling salted water, drain, refresh in iced water, drain well again and pat dry.
- 2Place a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil, rosemary and chilli. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant, reduce heat to low and add cavolo nero. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes without stirring, then cook for 20 minutes, stirring often or until cavolo nero turns a deep green colour. Remove rosemary and discard. Set aside to cool. Serve warm, scattered with sea salt, in a platter with seared beef.
Note This dish is great served with seared beef (shown above), other roasted meats or fish.