Kohlrabi is one of the weirdest-looking vegetables around - almost like something from The Day of the Triffids. It is, however, pretty easy to deal with: just peel and grate for salads, or it can be roasted. A member of the brassica family, it's at its best through the cooler months.
- 2 kohlrabi
- 2 small or 1 large celeriac
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 300 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1Thinly slice kohlrabi and celeriac, then cut into julienne and place in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice in small bowl until frothy, then add olive oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking continuously until all incorporated. Mix in garlic and parsley, and season to taste. Mix mayonnaise with kohlrabi and celeriac and refrigerate until required.
Drink Suggestion: Strasbourg lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen