- 1 quantity <a href="http://gourmettraveller.com.au/ceviche-classico-with-leche-de-tigre.htm">ceviche classico</a>, mulloway omitted
- 50 gm rocoto chilli (see note), seeds removed, blanched, processed to a fine purée and passed through a sieve
- 3 medium uncooked Crystal Bay prawns
- 3 freshly shucked Sydney rock oysters
- 5 lightly cooked South Australian farmed mussels, cleaned
- 70 gm yellowfin bream fillet
- 20 gm Tasmanian sea urchin roe
- 30 gm cancha (see note)
- 1Follow the recipe for ceviche classico, adding rocoto purée to lime juice mixture, and adding seafood (except sea urchin roe) in place of mulloway. Just before serving, top with sea urchin roe and sprinkle with cancha.
Fresh rocoto chillies are available from Disaster Bay Chillies. Alternatively, preserved rocoto chillies and rocoto purée are available in jars from Tierras Latinas en Australia (see stockists p177). Cancha, dried fried corn, is also available from Tierras Latinas.
This recipe is from the March 2012 issue of