- 500 ml Champagne or sparkling wine
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 3½ titanium-strength gelatine leaves
- 200 gm raspberries (about 2 punnets)
- To serve: mascarpone, sweetened to taste with pure icing sugar
- 1Combine Champagne and sugar in a saucepan, stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the simmer and remove from heat.
- 2Soak gelatine in a bowl of cold water until soft (5 minutes). Drain, squeeze out excess liquid, add to Champagne mixture and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- 3Place raspberries in the bases of six 200ml dariole moulds, then carefully pour enough Champagne mixture over to just cover the raspberries. Gently tap moulds on bench to remove air bubbles and refrigerate until set (1-2 hours). Keep remaining jelly mixture at room temperature. Top moulds with remaining Champagne mixture and refrigerate until set (2-4 hours). Serve with sweetened mascarpone.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm