- 500 gm “00” flour (3 1/3 cups)
- 100 gm lard, melted
- For brushing: olive oil
- 2 buffalo mozzarella (about 200gm each), coarsely torn
- To serve: coarsely torn basil
- 3 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways on a mandolin
- 120 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1Combine flour, lard and 2 tsp sea salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and mix to combine. With motor running, gradually add 200ml hot water, then knead until smooth and elastic (2-3 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for marinated zucchini, preheat a char-grill pan over high heat, brush zucchini slices on both sides with a little oil and char-grill in batches, turning once, until tender and golden (1 minute each side). Heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add garlic and chilli, cook to infuse (1-2 minutes), remove from heat, add lemon juice, season to taste, add zucchini and set aside to marinate.
- 3Preheat oven to 120C. Divide dough into 6 pieces and, working with one piece at a time, roll out into a rough 3mm-thick rectangle, brush both sides with a little olive oil and cook in a char-grill pan over high heat, turning once, until golden (2-3 minutes), then place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve piadine scattered with marinated zucchini, mozzarella and torn basil.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am