- 16 uncooked king prawns (80gm each), cleaned and butterflied
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ preserved lemon, flesh and pith discarded, rind rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander, coarsely chopped
- 180 ml mild-flavoured olive oil
- 1For chermoula, pound cumin, garlic and preserved lemon to a smooth paste, then add coriander and pound to a paste. Stir in lemon juice and oil, season to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 2Barbecue prawns flesh-side up until just cooked through and shell is charred (3-4 minutes), then turn and cook until just golden (1-1½ minutes). Top prawns with chermoula and serve with lemon wedges.