Cherries, plums and grapes are a great combination, their flavours enlivened here by the addition of coriander, orange liqueur and vanilla.
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 40 ml Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 tbsp raw caster sugar
- 1 orange, juiced and rind finely grated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 750 gm cherries, pitted
- 4 red plums, cut into thin wedges
- 200 gm red grapes, halved
- To serve: shop-bought vanilla ice-cream, and brandy snaps
- 1Dry-roast coriander seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until fragrant (30 seconds), then lightly crush with a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a bowl, then add liqueur, sugar, orange rind, juices and vanilla seeds. Add cherries, crush lightly with a fork, then add plums and grapes, stir to combine and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for flavours to develop.
- 2Serve with scoops of vanilla ice-cream and scattered with coarsely crumbled brandy snaps.