- 375 gm fresh thin egg noodles
- 300 gm medium green prawns, peeled, veins removed, tails intact
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, bases trimmed and leaves separated
- 1.2 litres chicken stock
- 100 gm chestnut mushrooms
- To serve: sesame oil
- 1Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 2Blanch prawns in a separate saucepan of boiling water for 10 seconds, then transfer to an absorbent paper-lined plate to drain. Add bok choy to water and blanch for 20 seconds, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 3Bring chicken stock to the boil in a large saucepan, add noodles to warm through, then divide noodles between bowls. Add prawns and mushrooms to chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes, then add bok choy and stir. Arrange prawns, mushrooms and bok choy over noodles, then ladle over chicken stock and serve immediately with a few drops of sesame oil.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am