This cocktail is the sister of the Piña Colada, for those who prefer getting caught in the rain. If you’re a purist, substitute white rum for vodka. Blend the base with plenty of ice so it’s quite thick. You’ll appreciate it lying on your lounge chair poolside.
- 600 gm very ripe peeled pineapple (about 1 small pineapple), coarsely chopped
- 110 gm (½ cup) raw caster sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, stalks removed
- 540 ml coconut milk
- 140 ml vodka
- Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- 1Blend pineapple and sugar in a blender until smooth. Add kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk and vodka, blending until smooth. Halve mixture and blend each batch in a blender with plenty of ice until smooth. Serve immediately in tall glasses.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am