- 1.5 litres chicken stock (6 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 spring onions, halved lengthways
- 10 gm ginger (2cm piece)
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets (about 250gm each)
- 3 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 120 gm fresh thin egg noodles
- 1 bunch gai lan, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 ml soy sauce (¼ cup)
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1Bring stock, garlic, spring onion and ginger to the simmer over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add chicken, reduce heat to low and poach until just cooked through (10-12 minutes). Remove chicken, set aside until cool enough to handle, then coarsely shred and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high and bring stock to the simmer. Add corn and cook for 1 minute. Add noodles and gai lan, bring to the simmer and stir until gai lan is bright green (1-2 minutes). While stirring, add egg in a thin steady stream, return to the simmer and cook until just set (1 minute). Add chicken, season to taste and ladle into serving bowls.
- 2Meanwhile, stir soy sauce, chilli, sesame oil and caster sugar in a small bowl to combine. Serve with hot soup topped with coriander.