- 400 gm chicken breast, skin on, cut into 4cm pieces
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 80 gm ginger, thinly sliced
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 3 spring onions (white part only), coarsely chopped
- 6 white peppercorns
- 100 gm black fungus, torn
- 80 gm shiitake, trimmed
- 30 ml sesame oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place chicken in a baking dish or casserole, pour stock over, add ginger, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, spring onion and white peppercorns, stir, then cover and braise in oven until chicken is cooked through, adding black fungus and shiitake for the last 20 minutes (1½ hours).
- 2Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan until hot, then pour over hotpot and serve with steamed rice.
Drink Suggestion: Aged riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen