- 1 bunch of young chicory, trimmed, larger leaves sliced widthways
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp aged white-wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, peeled and thinly sliced
- 180 gm (1 cup) wild olives
- 1Remove stalks from chicory, thinly slice and place in iced water until crisp (4-5 minutes).
- 2Combine anchovy, garlic, oil, orange juice and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season to taste with a pinch of white sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3To serve, arrange the chicory and lemon on a platter, scatter with wild olives and drizzle over dressing. Serve immediately.