- 250 gm strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 250 gm mixed raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 120 ml dessert wine or moscato
- 1 tsp rosewater, or to taste
Vanilla crème fraîche
- 200 gm crème fraîche
- 100 ml milk
- 20 gm icing sugar
- 1Stir berries, sugar, wine, rinds, juices and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook until berries are just tender (6-8 minutes). Discard rinds, transfer soup to a food processor, add rosewater and 200ml iced water and process until smooth. Refrigerate to chill (30 minutes).
- 2For vanilla crème fraîche, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine. Pour chilled berry soup into serving glasses, then dollop vanilla crème fraîche and serve topped with extra berries and crumbled meringues.