Chilled soup is so refreshing on a hot summer's day. This version requires minimal effort and can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days. It also makes a lovely entrée. Start this recipe a day ahead – the soup may taste sweet at first, but will balance out the longer you refrigerate it.
- 800 gm peeled and deseeded rockmelon flesh (from about 1 rockmelon)
- 2 small telegraph cucumbers, peeled
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar or lime juice
- Plain yoghurt (optional) and dill or mint sprigs, to serve
- 1Combine ingredients in a blender and blend, adding a little water if necessary, until a pourable consistency. Season well with salt flakes.
- 2Transfer soup to a container, seal and refrigerate until well chilled (2 hours or overnight).
- 3Serve chilled soup with a drizzle of oil and a dollop of yoghurt, topped with dill.