- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 3 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 600 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 600 gm frozen peas
- ½ cup mint leaves, plus extra to serve (loosely packed)
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add shallot and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add stock, bring just to the boil, remove from heat, add peas and stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Process pea mixture in a food processor with mint until smooth, add lemon juice, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and refrigerate for 3 hours or until chilled. To serve, ladle soup into bowls, top with a dollop of crème fraîche, drizzle with olive oil and scatter with mint.