To mark our 50th anniversary, we collaborated with Patrón Tequila and Neil Perry to create a Mexican-themed birthday feast.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150 gm speck or pancetta, finely chopped
- 3 long red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Large pinch of cayenne pepper
- 400 gm canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 15 gm coriander root, finely chopped
- 400 gm canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- Corn chips, to serve
- ¼ cup seasoned sour cream
- 1Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and speck or pancetta and fry until the onion is soft (about 5 minutes). Add the chilli, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 2Add the tomatoes, sugar and coriander root, season to taste, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the beans, stir to combine and cook until thick (about 10 minutes). Mash about a quarter of the mixture gently with a fork, then fold together to thicken the sauce.
- 3Spoon the bean mixture onto crisp chips and top with a small dollop of sour cream.