These puddings are most impressive when you cut into them with a spoon and they ooze minty goodness. The secret is simple: Minties. You can make the puddings up to a day ahead.
- 5 eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 225 gm unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 225 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), coarsely chopped
- 50 gm (1/3 cup) plain flour, sieved
- 10 Minties
- To serve: cocoa and pouring cream
- 1Whisk eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until pale and frothy (5-6 minutes). Meanwhile, melt butter and chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth (4-5 minutes). Add to egg mixture, whisk to combine, then gently fold in flour and pour mixture into a jug. Divide among 10 buttered and floured 250ml metal moulds and press a Mintie into the centre of each. Refrigerate puddings until chilled (2 hours).
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Bake puddings until they form a dome (20-25 minutes), then invert onto plates, dust with cocoa and serve hot with cream.
This recipe is from the August 2012 issue of .