Makes 1.6 litres.
- 750 ml milk (3 cups)
- 5 egg yolks
- 275 gm caster sugar (1¼ cup)
- 150 gm chocolate (70% cocoa solids), coarsely chopped
- 240 gm raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- 1Place milk in a heavy-based saucepan and bring almost to the boil. Place egg yolks and ¾ cup of the sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale, then gradually whisk in hot milk. Return mixture to same pan and stir over low heat until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate, stir until melted, then strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Cool.
- 2Combine raspberries, liqueur and remaining sugar in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thick and jammy, then press through a fine sieve and discard seeds. Cool.
- 3Freeze chocolate mixture in an ice-cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions, add raspberry mixture and swirl through ice-cream, then place in freezer and freeze until firm. Serve scoops of ice-cream scattered with fresh raspberries.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am