- 2 oranges
- 660 gm white sugar (3 cups)
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 tbsp orange flower water
- 350 gm dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1Place oranges in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then drain. Repeat process twice more.
- 2Cut each orange into 8 wedges. Combine sugar and 3 cups of water in a large saucepan and simmer, stirring occassionally, over medium heat until dissolved. Add oranges and cardamom and simmer for 3½ hours or until syrup has thickened and oranges are translucent. Add orange flower water, then cool and refrigerate until required. Oranges will keep in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to one month.
- 3Remove oranges from syrup and place on a baking paper-lined oven tray to drain.
- 4Melt chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Dip half of each orange wedge into chocolate and place on a baking paper-lined plate. Refrigerate until ready to serve.